HBMAME (HomeBrew MAME) is a derivative of MAME, and contains various hacks and homebrews that are not included in MAME. It is based on the latest MAME source at the time of release.
You can compile your own binary whenever you wish by downloading the source from Github, and then compiling with the official MAME tools, while specifying TARGET=hbmame OSD=winui.
If you don't like compiling, we do make the occasional official release.
Do NOT report any problems to Mametesters. Any issues can be reported at the HBMAME forum at MameWorld.info
The audio samples can be downloaded from Twisty's Samples.
The latest release is 0.165r40487 (2015-08-26).
HBMAME Artwork and Source
MAMEUI 0.165 (32 bit)
HBMAME Setup instructions:
- Install HBMAME into a folder of your choice
- Go to the command prompt, and switch to the folder you chose
- Type hbmame -cc and press enter. This creates hbmame.ini
- Type md ini and press enter.
- Open hbmame.ini in Notepad and change whatever parameters you wish. Make sure the rompath points at your roms.
- Save your changes. Copy hbmame.ini to the ini folder you made earlier.
- Now it should work.
The HBMAME Team.